- Video Viewing
- OPAC-Computerized Information Search
- Newspaper Clipping
- Inter-Library Loan (ILL)
- Current Awareness Services (New Arrival)
- SDI (Selective Discrimination Services)
- Old Question Paper Services
About our Library and Information Center
The college Library and Information Center was established during 1992, presently housed in a spacious building that can cater to the various needs of students. It has sufficient collection of sources like Textbooks, Reference Books, Electronic Books & Journals with Leading Newspapers facility, to meet the requirement of update knowledge. It has separate Reading room facility to obtain and evaluate scholarly information in main formats and strives to create new knowledge to increase understanding and develop the wisdom.
In addition, the library had a membership under UGC (University Grant Commission, New Delhi) N-List (National Library and Information Services Infrastructure of Scholarly Content) program for accessing about 3828 E-Journals and 80409 E-Books inspire research activities.
The library resource centre is partially automated and for this, we have specialized user-friendly library software called E-Granthalaya which was developed by Informatics Resource Centre. The centre has adopted latest information technologies like CD, DVD, Multimedia Kits, and Scanners. The user community has access to the entire collection through CD, DVD, and desktop-based access.
Our aim is to disseminate knowledge to make the library, a vibrant centre to support the academics, research and development activities. It is our goal to support and contribute to the quality of academic and research activities for the prosperous development of society and the nation.
The Library and Information Centre is kept open for eight hours on working days and for limited hours on Saturday and Sundays. Students and staff of the University can become the members of the Library, where as benefiter outsiders who come with the introductory letters from their institutions/ID card provided by our institute library are permitted for consultation only.
- To acquire, develop, maintain and provide a qualitative and quantitative collection of books, periodicals and other instructional material of electronic resources to support the academic program and educational objectives of the college.
- To include in collection development many fields of knowledge as well as career life.
- To provide quality services to faculty and students to support for achieving their curricular as well as co-curricular goals, with the help of technology, but not as a substitute for personal service.
- To inculcate reading habit among students and to encourage collaborative efforts among library staff and students.